City of Avondale Estates
The City of Avondale Estates was named after the birthplace of Shakespeare, Stratford-upon-Avon. In 1924, George Francis Willis purchased the entire village of Ingleside, as it was named at the time, with the idea to create one of Georgia's first planned communities. His vision created helped create Tudor-style downtown buildings and many houses within Avondale Estates. Amenities include Lake Avondale, the community club house, tennis courts and a swimming pool.
More than 3,000 people call Avondale Estates home today. The city also is home to the first Waffle House, which opened its doors in 1955, and is now a museum.
- Fax: 404-299-8137