Here are five things to do this weekend in and around Decatur and Avondale Estates. For a full list of possibilities, go to the Patch calendar of events.
1. Arts for everybody. The Decatur Arts Festival is a major event that takes over the town Saturday and Sunday. The fun actually starts Friday with an ArtsWalk to local businesses and a fine arts exhibition at Agnes Scott College. Look at the festival website for a full list of music, a parade, exhibits and entertainment.
2. Improv. The Academy Theatre will be leaving Avondale Estates in less than a month, but until then you can enjoy improv acts. At 8 p.m. Friday, Tiger Peach Improv returns; the audience decides one actor's fate as Saint Peter Reviews their life. $8. At 8 p.m. Saturday, it's BattleActs! Eight improvisors compete until one survives. $15.
3. Performing live! Eddie's Attic has several shows planned: Jen Foster on Friday; the Firehouse Guitars AMP Student Showcase and Lucas Miré CD Release Party on Saturday and The SteelDrivers on Sunday.
4. New movies. At the AMC North DeKalb Mall 16, the new movies are Epic, Fast and Furious 6, The Hangover Part III and Star Trek: Into Darkness.
5. Rally for Riley. This benefit concert will raise money for the family of Angela Riley, 25, a Decatur native who has been in critical condition since being hit by a car in Nashville. Her mother, Susan, is a media specialist at Decatur High. Several bands will perform Saturday at Little Tree Rehearsal Studios at 2842 Franklin St. in Avondale Estates. $10 suggested donation. CBS Atlanta ran a story about the fund raiser.