Thursday, October 24, 2013
- Knitting at the Waldorf School of Atlanta: Join other knitters - from total beginners to knitting divas - as they work on the Mother Bear Project.
- Singer-Songwriter Showcase w/ Pete Helfrich & Tarenjji @ Smith's Olde Bar: Oakhurst's Pete Helfrich and Atlanta's Tarenjji, members of the Atlanta Songwriters Club, will each play a set of original material at this singer-songwriter showcase event.
Friday, October 25, 2013
- Monthly song circle: Group singing just for fun -- no performances or auditions. Everybody welcome.
- International Community School Fall Harvest: Food and Fun for Friends and Family. $5 per wristband/$20 for family of 4 or more
Forms for purchasing wristbands available in Front Office
Wristband admission includes playing all games and free popcorn.
Saturday, October 26, 2013
- Bring your Cartoon Character to Life! Kids Cartooning in the Garden: Join local Decatur author/illustrator, Sharna Fulton of The Chloe Pink Doodle & Dream in the City Book for some artistic fun. Pencils, erasers, markers, etc. provided as Sharna helps you plant creative cartoon seeds and sprout your imagination on paper.
- Brad Butkovich signs, "The Battle of Pickett's Mill": On May 27, 1864, Union forces under the command of William Tecumseh Sherman attacked Confederate general Joseph E. Johnston and his men at Pickett's Mill in Paulding County, Georgia. Butkovich brings to life through personal letters, newspaper accounts and unit histories the battle that Union soldier and author Ambrose Bierce called "the Dead-Line."
Sunday, October 27, 2013
- Guided Tree ID Bike n Hike: See the Colors begin to change: Join arborist and environmental educator Robby Astrove on a guided tree ID bike n hike at Arabia Mountain.
- Edible Medicinal Plant Ramble: The land around you is chock full of edible and medicinal plants – come discover what’s in your back yard and how to properly identify plants while enjoying an evening walk in the woods.