The Decatur Arts Festival is the big event this week, but here are five other things to know about the week ahead in Decatur and Avondale Estates. For a full list of stuff to do, look at the Patch calendar of events.
1. Commencement. Decatur High graduation is at 7 p.m. Friday at Decatur High Stadium. Druid Hill High graduation is at 10 a.m. Friday at the Atlanta Civic Center.
2. Lunch and Learn. George Coletti will talk about the Civil War in DeKalb County. Noon Tuesday at the DeKalb History Center. Free.
3. Tuesday music. Joe Gransden leads a jam session around 9 p.m. at Twain's. Some musicians get together to play Irish and traditional music at 8:15 p.m. at the Marlay House. Both free.
4. Free classs. Learn how to manage chronic disease at the Decatur-DeKalb Family YMCA. Starts at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
5. Public meetings: Decatur City Commission and Avondale Estates City Commission, both at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Avondale Estates Board of Appeals and Decatur Historic Preservation Commission, both at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Avondale Estates Board of Commissioners called meeting on Willis Park at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.