teacher Chris Billingsley sent this email about a silent auction to raise money.
The Decatur High School Close Up Club is trying to raise money to help 20 students spend a week in Washington, D.C. in 2012.
There are some great stocking stuffers on the list. Think how happy your 12 year old boy would be getting a copy of the first 1888 National Geographic magazine or make the spouse happy with a Dan Uggla Bobble Head doll.
Please contact Chris Billingsley (email@example.com) to make a bid or see a picture of an item.
Here's the list of items for auction:
1. Two autographed books by Decatur Author Matty O'Brian Starting Bid-$15.
2. Premium Christmas Beer from Mr. Herb Chereck at Decatur Package Store. Starting Bid-$15.
3. Gift certificate for Maryís “World Famous” Christmas Muffins (really awesome!). Starting Bid-$15
4. 1-hour design and color consultation with design consultant Reagan Horack Koski with Revive & Design. During the consultation, you may discuss with Reagan as many areas of your home as you'd like. Reagan will follow-up via email with details of chosen paint colors and ideas discussed during consultation. www.reviveanddesign.com Value: $100. Starting bid $15.
5. Gift certificate for interior or exterior painting (OGB Painting) Starting Bid-$50.
6. Case of Stuckeyís Honey Roasted Pecans (Thanks to Stephanie Stuckey). Starting Bid-$25.
7. Braves Baseball Memorabilia: Signed and numbered (850) lithograph by Braves Hall of Famer Tom Glavine (very rare), a 300 game winner and future Cooperstown Hall of Fame member; Limited series bobble head of Dan Uggla, all time hitting streak record holder (33 games); and 2 family (of 4) passes for the stadium tour and Braves museum. Starting Bid-$50.
8. Original Painting by famous Decatur Artist Holle. Starting Bid-$50.
9. Gift certificates for $20 off running shoes from Charles Cope (firstname.lastname@example.org) Starting Bid-$10.
10. Gourmet French dinner for 4-6 people (delivered) from Decatur residents and French chefs Pierre Henri and Audrey Thiault (email@example.com), Ooh La-La! Starting Bid-$50
11. UGA National Championship Poster-DHS Graphic Artist Mark Jones, signed and numbered poster of the 1980 UGA National Championship- Bulldawg Nation- Give a National Championship! Starting Bid-$25
12. Rare U.S. History Items: Centennial (1961) drawing of Robert E. Lee by artist George Parrish Jr. Starting Bid-$15. I have a George Washington Bicentennial (1932) Atlas. Starting Bid $25. I have a copy of the first National Geographic Magazine. Starting Bid-$25. I have 75 AJC front pages from the last 35 years. Starting Bid-$25. 1932 Bicentennial Writings of George Washington: Vol. I. Starting Bid-$25.
13. Beautiful Ceramics by Decatur Artist Anne Fowlkes: Hand built tall ceramic box with lid. Light brownish gray color with gold stamped designs. The box has unique fringed clay edges and a bead and wire handle. Approximately 9 inches tall including handle. Starting Bid-$20. Hand built ceramic votive candleholder with blue matte glaze. 11 x 4 x 3. Holds 4 votive candles. Starting Bid-$15. Hand built round ceramic mirror with leaf motif with yellow green color. Itís approximately 9 inches diameter. Starting Bid-$10. Hand built square ceramic mirror with blue gray color. Approximately 5 ½ inches square. Starting Bid-$10.
14. Coca-Cola artist Pamela Renfroe Original (2) paintings, signed Starting Bid-$15 each.
15. Teen Girl Craft Kits Gift Basket with variety of approximately 20+ craft kits (middle school age to teen girls) Starting Bid-$25.
16. A Christmas/Hanukkah Yard Makeover by the 2012 Close Up crew, rake and bag leaves, wash windows, hang decorations- YOU NAME IT! Starting Bid-$50.