A polling place for early voters opens Monday, Oct. 29, in downtown Decatur.
The Decatur poll is located at the Clark Harrison Building at 330 W. Ponce de Leon Ave., Room A. It will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, Nov. 2.
Two other polls for early voting open Monday in DeKalb County. They are at:
- Chamblee Civic Center, 3540 Broad St., Chamblee 30341.
- Berean Christian Church Community Center, 2440 Young Road, Stone Mountain 30088.
Three polls that were open last week will remain open this week. Those polls are at:
- DeKalb Voter Registration & Elections Office at 4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300, Decatur 30032. This site has special provisions for seniors and disabled citizens.
- South DeKalb - Community Achievement Center Inc. at 4522 Flat Shoals Parkway, Decatur 30034.
- Tucker Recreation Center at 4898 LaVista Road, Tucker 30084.
No early voting will be allowed on Saturday, Nov. 3, or Monday, Nov. 5.
Residents can also go to My Voter Page on the Georgia Secretary of State webpage to find out to see their polling place and a personalized sample ballot.
For more information about the election, go to the DeKalb Voter Registration and Elections Office webpage.
About 16.1 percent of registered voters had cast early ballots through last Saturday. The elections office says 75,829 people cast early ballots out of 470,065 registered voters.
Here's how the vote breaks down by days.
Monday, Oct. 15: 5,529.
Tuesday, Oct. 16: 5,221.
Wednesday, Oct. 17: 5,324.
Thursday, Oct. 18: 5,184.
Friday, Oct. 19: 5,960.
Saturday, Oct. 20: 3,546.
Monday, Oct. 22: 6,584.
Tuesday, Oct. 23: 7,285.
Wednesday, Oct. 24: 6,702.
Thursday, Oct. 25: 7,033.
Friday, Oct. 26: 8,781.
Saturday, Oct. 27: 8,710.