A group called the Decatur Zoning Update Task Force has been looking for ways to change the city zoning ordinances to reflect the ideals of the 2010 strategic plan.
From 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 14, the task force will hold its first public meeting in city hall. Everybody is invited to come by, learn about proposed changes and give feedback.
- Update the Downtown Decatur Special Pedestrian Area Guidelines and expanding the area.
- Identify available areas for light manufacturing
- Support expansion of urban gardening opportunities
- Update parking standards to allow innovating parking strategies, such as shared or unbundled parking.
- Adopt ordinance changes that allow smaller homes, support accessory dwellings and encourage other creative housing options.