At its meeting earlier this week, the Decatur City Commission set the qualifying dates and locations for its 2011 municipal election.
The open dates for qualifying begin Monday, Aug. 29, at 8:30 am, and continue through Friday, Sept. 2, at 4:30 pm. The qualifying fee for a city commission election is $144, while the qualifying fee for the Board of Education members is $35.
Registration for voting in the Nov. 8 election will close Tuesday, Oct. 11. Advance voting begins on Oct. 31 and runs through Nov. 4. Absentee voting begins on Oct. 17.
Polling places are:
- Clairemont East: , 308 Clairemont Ave.
- Clairemont West: , 465 Clairemont Ave.
- Glenwood Precinct: , 515 E. Ponce de Leon Ave.
Districts 1 and 2
- Ponce de Leon: First Christian Church of Decatur, 601 W. Ponce de Leon Ave.
- Oakhurst: , 222 E. Lake Dr.
- Renfroe: , 220 W. College Ave.
- Winnona Park: , 515 Avery St.