Your Congressman May Have Changed -- Click to Find Out

Just type some information into the Georgia Secretary of State website.

Last year the Georgia General Assembly changed election district boundaries for many state House and Senate seats, plus congressional districts.

Because of the redistricting, it's possible you won't have the same congressman. For instance, some people previously represented by U.S. Rep. John Lewis of the 5th District now live in U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson's Fourth District.

You also may be represented by a different member of the state House or Senate, too.

To figure out what legislative and congressional districts you now live in, go to the "My Voter Page" part of the Georgia Secretary of State webpage. The website is http://mvp.sos.state.ga.us.

Type in some information about yourself, such as your date of birth and last name, and click submit.

You should get a page that gives your congressional, state House and state Senate district, as well as your polling place.

Ralph Ellis June 22, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I landed in a new state House district. Did anybody else change?


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »