On 08/30/13, Decatur police responded to the following three armed robberies calls involving Decatur High School students leaving the football game.
- In the first incident, the victim reported he and a friend were leaving the football game at approximately 9:45 pm when they passed the two suspects on the driveway between the lower lot and upper lot of Decatur High School. One suspect asked the victim for the time and the victim removed his cell phone from his pocket and provided the time and then continued on. The victim and his friend were walking past Renfroe Middle School minutes later when the suspects ran up behind the victim, one suspect grabbed the victim by his shoulder while the second suspect pressed a small silver semi-automatic handgun to the victim’s back and demanded his phone. The victim relinquished his phone and the suspects fled south on Adams Street. The victim was not injured. An iPhone 4 was taken. The suspects were described as follows:
- Suspect #1: Black male, 16-18 years old, approximately 5’9-5’10, medium complexion, close cut hair, wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans.
- Suspect #2: Black male.
- Suspect #1: Black male, 16-17 years old, dark complexion, muscular build, wearing a black shirt and dark jeans.
- Suspect #2: Black male, dark complexion, wearing a grey sweatshirt.
- Suspect #1: Black male, late teens-early 20’s, approximately 6’0-6’2, medium-dark complexion, low hair-cut, wearing a black long sleeved “Air Jordan” logo t-shirt, black shorts and black & white Nike Air Jordan 4 “Oreo” sneakers.
- Suspect #2: Black male, late teens-early 20’s, approximately 5’5-5’7, medium complexion, low hair-cut, wearing a red polo style shirt and extremely saggy jeans or sweatpants.
- Suspect #3: Black male, late teens-early 20’s, wearing a red shirt.
In each of the calls there were delays in reporting as some victims relocated and called police and in one case the initial call was not reported as a robbery.
If you have any additional information, please contact the Decatur Police Department at 404.373.6551.