by Ann Marie Quill
Six Walmart employees in Acworth, including one from Decatur, have been charged in a theft ring at the store at 3105 Cobb Parkway.
On the day before Christmas Eve, Acworth's police department was contacted by the company's security loss prevention office, which had began noticing discrepancies in transactions involving the six workers.
Walmart's loss prevention began to investigate the case along with Acworth detectives, and discovered that the employees were involved with theft of more than $6,000 worth of merchandise by voiding transactions at the register. This allowed co-workers to leave the store without paying.
The following were charged with theft by deception:
1) Beauford J. Goodrum (21) of Kennesaw
2) Lamaris Denise Fields (19) of Acworth
3) Shawn Allen Harris (22) of Dallas
4) Jamecah Ania Ray (19) of Acworth
5) Barbara Weston (56) of Decatur
6) Yashica Rene Campbell (43) of Kennesaw