.

2 Firefighters Overcome By Heat in Chamblee Blaze

Two DeKalb Fire and Rescue crew members were treated for heat exhaustion Monday after battling a house fire in Chamblee.

Two DeKalb Fire and Rescue crew members were treated at area hospitals for heat exhaustion Monday after battling a house fire in Chamblee. Credit: Screenshot from WAGA TV
Two DeKalb Fire and Rescue crew members were treated at area hospitals for heat exhaustion Monday after battling a house fire in Chamblee. Credit: Screenshot from WAGA TV

Two DeKalb Fire and Rescue crew members were treated at area hospitals for heat exhaustion Monday after battling a house fire in Chamblee.

The home is located in the 1800 block of Remington Road. Investigators told WAGA TV that the blaze may have been sparked by a dryer vent.

A neighbor said the residents of the house were able to get out safely, along with their pets.

Authorities said the firefighters were not seriously injured.

No damage estimate has yet been determined.

>>See WAGA’s full report here.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »