A little while back, Patch pledged to donate up to $3,000 to local charities through our Nonprofit Newsletter Drive. We invited you to sign up for your local Patch newsletter and, in the process, to name a nonprofit to receive a donation on your behalf.
Nearly 3,500 of you took part, naming nonprofits that work with children, the poor, sexual assault victims and the disabled. Many of you also showed your support for the arts and dozens of other worthy causes in your community.
We want you to know that a total of 19 nonprofits will benefit from your support. The top recipients are:
- St. John Neumann Regional Catholic School: $1,571. The parochial school in Lilburn serves children in kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Center Helping Obesity in Children End Successfully: $337. Based in Kennesaw, CHOICES has been offering programs to combat childhood obesity for ten years.
- The Shepherd’s Staff Ministries: $324. This nonprofit provides emergency food assistance in the Loganville area.
The other recipients are:
- Heritage Sandy Springs: $63
- Soaring Hawks Foundation (Hembree Springs Elementary): $62
- Sheltering Arms Early Education and Family Centers: $58
- Loving Arms Cancer Outreach: $52
- STAR House Foundation: $49
- DeKalb Rape Crisis Center: $48
- The Diaper Bank of Greater Atlanta: $42
- Ashley Nicole Averill Foundation: $41
- Woodstock Wolverines Band: $38
- Dunwoody Wildcat Fund: $36
- River Eves Education Fund (REEF): $35
- Tim Redovian Memorial Fund: $32
- Northeast Atlanta Ballet: $26
- Atlanta Ballet: $26
- Embraced Atlanta: $26
- Homestretch Housing Initiative of North Fulton County: $26
At Patch, we are committed to giving back to our communities, and not just by reporting the news. The Nonprofit Newsletter Drive is one way we've done that. And every few months, Patch employees close the lids on our laptops and spend time doing hands-on volunteer work during our Give 5 days.
We also provide free space on our sites for people to post an announcement and spread the word about the good work that nonprofits are doing.
Clearly a lot of you also care about giving back. Thank you for participating in our Nonprofit Newsletter Drive.