Good morning and Happy Fourth of July, Decatur and Avondale Estates. Here are Five Things you need to know about today. Also, find out about July 4, 2013, by looking at this story.
1. Weather. The high will be 96 degrees with a 30 percent change of afternoon and evening thundershowers, according to weather.com.
2. Why is today a holiday? It's a federal holiday that celebrates the adoption of the Declaration of the Independence on July 4th, 1776. If you'd like to read this document, go to this website.
3. It's a fun day. Decatur and Avondale Estates both have parades, concerts and fireworks. Decatur folks need to check The Decatur Minute for the announcement of possible cancellations because of weather or heat.
4. No Decatur Farmers Market this afternoon. You can go Saturday morning to the farmers market near Decatur High.
5. It's your choice. Show some love for your favorite hairdresser, pizza place and tavern. Make a nomination in the Patch Readers' Choice poll.