Good morning, Decatur and Avondale Estates. Here are 5 Things to know about today.
1. Weather. High temps in the mid-90s, but it will feel like 100 degrees or more. Low temps in the mid-70s. Chance of rain, 20-30 percent.
2. . The city-sponsored fitness program kicks off a training program at 6 p.m. at Harmony Park in Oakhurst. Everybody's invited. Free.
3. Learn about local historic districts. Leigh Burns and Richard Laub, experts on the subject, will speak at the Lunch and Learn program at noon in the DeKalb History Center at 101 E. Court Square, Decatur. Free.
4. Save money at home. As part of the "Living the Green Life" series, Mike Barcik and Frank Burdette of the Southface Energy Institute will talk about ways to make your home more energy efficient. The program runs 7-8 p.m. at the Decatur Library. Free.
5. . The monthly meeting starts at 5:15 p.m. at McGowan's Oakhurst Pub. Free.