Here's what you can purchase Saturday morning at the Decatur Farmers Market. It's held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. next to Decatur High School, at North McDonough Street and West Trinity Place. The Wednesday market is held at Clairemont and Commerce.
1st some news!
- Dougs Wild Alaska Salmon will be at market next Wednesday with their amazing salmon filets. They only come once a month so be sure to stock. If you want to pre-order you can go to their website http://dougswildalaskasalmon.com/howtoorder.html
- Also next Wednesday were are expecting to have wild caught Atlantic shrimp from Native Seafood. They supply shrimp to Decatur restaurants Leon's, 246 and other fine restuarants in the metro area.
- Join us next Wednesday for our annual Food Day celebration. There will be music, good food, and comraderie around local food.
- My Market Club will continue through the end of October. Next week if you bring a friend who has never been to market on either Wednesday or Saturday you and your friend will recieve a coupon book full of $5 off coupons redeemable on you next visit to over 25 metro restaurants and markets.
- Wednesday Oct. 31st we will be celebrating Halloween at the market. Bring you kids in costume, you too, and they will get nutritious treats. There will be games, face painting, and fiddle music.
Watsonia Farms will have apples, apple juice and pies tomorrow.
Johnston Dairy will have raw and pasturized milk and 5 kinds of local cheeses.
Darby Farms will have pasture raised chicken, eggs and maybe some pork.
Dumpling Girl will be back with delicious Ban Mi sandwiches dumplings, salads and cool drinks.
Nazifa's Bakery will be bringing some delicious hummus, baklava, dolmos, naan bread and other exotic delights.
Tomorrow our farmers will have winter squashes, greens, sunchokes, flowers, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, parsley,turnips, carrots, lettuce, okra, and more fresh produce.
Coffee M will wake you up with coffee, cool drinks and yummy baked goodies.
Goodness Gracious Granola will have their awesome locally made granola.
Zocalo will spice it up with their savory salsas and tamales.
Tia's Chia will be bringing delicious chia based gluten free goodies.
Paradise Found Farm will be serving some fine pestos.
Low Low Dog Biscuits will have organic treats for your canine friends.
Hidden Springs Farm will be back this week with local honey and eggs.
Mealor Family Farms will have yummy baked goods along with their fine produce.
The farmers market takes debit, credit and EBT cards. They double the value of SNAP benefits through the generosity of Wholesome Wave Georgia.