The spirit of Halloween is everywhere this weekend, but there's plenty of other things to do.
1. Decatur High Homecoming. This is the school's 100th anniversary. There will be a homecoming parade downtown at 5:30 p.m. Friday, the varsity football game vs. Towers High at 7:30 p.m. Friday and the Homecoming Dance at 8 p.m. Saturday.
2. Let's Move Them Dogs - Decatur Fitness Festival. The Decatur Booster Club hosts its second annual Decatur Fitness Festival. It's a free community event open to Decatur students and families (of all ages) and will feature carnival type games and activities, healthy food and fitness demonstrations. 2 p.m. Saturday at Decatur High.
3. Decatur's largest outdoor cocktail party. This is a local tribute to the Georgia-Florida game at Big Tex Cantina in Decatur, plus a celebration of Halloween and the fifth anniversary of Big Tex parent restaurant, Fox Bros. BBQ. The fun starts at noon Saturday and may last a long time.
4. Multi-family yard sale. You'll find lots of bargains at 524 N. Superior Ave., Decatur. Starts at 8 a.m. Saturday.
5. Author at Eagle Eye. Pamela King Cable talks about her novel, Televenge. It's about corruption among TV evangelists. 1 p.m. Saturday at Eagle Eye Book Shop.