There's plenty to do this weekend in Decatur and Avondale Estates, but here are five ideas to get you started. Look at the Events calendar for all the possibilities.
1. Decatur Old House Fair. This all-day showcase of seminars, exhibitors, and hands-on-workshops attracts owners of old houses from across the metro area. It starts at 9 a.m. Saturday at the Courtyard Marriott. $10.
2. Chicks in the City Symposium. Learn everything you need to know about backyard poultry at this annual conference put on by the Wylde Center. It runs 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Oakhurst Church, 630 East Lake Drive, Decatur. $50 for Wylde Center members, $60 for non-members.
3. Decatur Library Book Sale. The Friends of the Decatur Library will sell thousands of gently used fiction, nonfiction and children’s books, as well as DVDs and CDs 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. Free admission.
4. Looking for love. The Academy Theatre presents "Heart Throbs," nine short plays about the struggle to find love. Shows at 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday and Feb. 8-10. Tickets are $15.
5. Gustafer Yellowgold. Equal parts pop rock concert and animated storybook, Gustafer Yellowgold concerts are a multimedia experience that entrances children and adults alike. Show at 11 a.m. Saturday at Eddie's Attic. Tickets are $8.