If you don't know what to do this weekend, here are five ideas in Decatur and Avondale Estates. For a full list of possibilities, look at the calendar of events.
1. Rail Arts District (R.A.D.) Annual Studio Cruise. Avondale Estates is full of artists' studios, and they open their doors Saturday for demonstrations, refreshments and performances along a one mile stretch of the CSX rail line. Starts at 10 a.m. Saturday and wraps up that night at the Little Tree Rehearsal Studios with music by Megan Jean and the KFB. Free.
2. Music at Kavarna. The Atlanta Guitar Guild presents the Bonaventure Quartet and Benjamin Balagur at 8 p.m. Saturday at the coffee shop in Oakhurst. $15.
3. An Irish shindig. The Decatur Book Festival is partnering with the American Conference for Irish Studies, whose Southern Region group is holding its annual meeting in Decatur. This informal event with Irish music, poetry, and a cash bar starts at 5 p.m. Friday at the Brick Store Pub. Free and open to the public.
4. Romance authors. Jennifer McQuiston and Sophia Nash sign their new works at the Eagle Eye Book Shop at 2076 North Decatur Road, Decatur. 7 p.m. Thursday. Free admission.
5. ICS poetry and music event. This adults-only open mic and coffee house will benefit the International Community School. Starts at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the school at 2418 Wood Trail Lane. $5.