If you've already had your fill of mistletoe and carols, here are some non-holiday events for the weekend in Decatur and Avondale Estates. For a full list of happenings, go to the Events Calendar.
1. Bradley Observatory Open House. The public is invited to visit the observatory at Agnes Scott College. Ed Albin from the Fernbank Science Center will present An Update from the Surface of Mars. Starts at 8 p.m. Friday and it's free.
2. The Bitteroots at Eddie's Attic. The Decatur-based band wraps it up for the year before going into the studio to record a new album. 8 p.m. Friday at Eddie's Attic. $8.
3. Husband-wife authors. Cynthia Graubart will sign Mastering the Art of Southern Cooking and Cliff Gaubart will put his autograph on The Curious Vision of Sammy Levitt. From 2-4 p.m. Saturday at Kudzu Antique Market. Free.
4. Low-cost pet vaccinations. Come to LifeLine Animal Project at 129 Lake St., Avondale Estates, for a reduced-cost shots for your pets. The price will be around $25. It starts at 10 a.m. Saturday.
5. Bingo. American Legion Post 66 at 30 Covington Rd, Avondale Estates, holds a bingo game from 7-9 p.m. every Thursday and Sunday, 7-9 p.m. Admission is $8.