There's plenty to do this weekend in Decatur and Avondale Estates, but here are five ideas to get you started. Look at the Events calendar for all the possibilities.
1. Red Brick Beer School. The Beer Growler in Avondale Estates will host a beer schol led by Red Brick's new head brewer. He'll talk about winter ales and introduce their anniversary ale, "The Lost Years." 7 p.m. Sunday. $30
2. Learn healthy cooking at the Decatur Library. Les Dames d’Escoffier International members Kristy Cook and Nancy Lutz will teach you how to host a party with healthy foods. 10 a.m. Saturday at the Decatur Library. Free.
3. Listen to the stories. The Southern Order of Storytellers will hold a festival this weekend in Decatur, with main events and workshops Friday and Saturday at Decatur First Baptist. On Thursday night, the group will kick off things at Manuel's Tavern. Check the group's website for a full schedule.
4. Get organized. Confused and disorganized? Try this free class at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Finder's Keepers at 2753 E; College Ave. in Avondale Estates.
5. Monthly song circle. Everybody is welcome to this just-for-fun group singing. A few Christmas carols might be included. 7:30 p.m. Friday at 900 Dancing Fox Road, Decatur. Free.