1. Step into Africa. This interactive exhibit about AIDS in Africa, as seen through the eyes of a child, continues through the week at Decatur First Baptist. Free.
2. A Monday night tradition. Eddie's Attic has held a songwriter's open mic night for 19 years. Musicians perform two songs each, with three finalists returning for a third song and a chance to win cash and a spot in the club's bi-annual Open Mic Shootout. Starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets $5 in advance, $6 at the door.
3. Weather. Partly sunny and cool. High around 65 and low around 48. There will be a 20 percent chance of rain.
4. Post an event. Is something happening you want to tell the town about? Then post an event on Decatur/Avondale Estates Patch. It can be a yard sale, a PTA meeting, an athletic event -- you name it. Just go to the Decatur/Avondale Estates home page.
5. On this date. In 2004, lifestyle guru Martha Stewart reported to prison for lying about a stock sale. (Source: New York Times)