1. A folk legend. Singer/songwriter Janis Ian has been around for decades, having broken out as a teenager in the late 1960s with "Society's Child." She plays at 8 p.m. at Eddie's Attic, with tickets going for $30 online, $35 at the door.
2. Low Country Boil. This fund-raiser for the Decatur Education Foundation has changed venues. Instead of the Solarium, it will be held at Leapin' Lizards at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $60 online.
3. Weather. Sunny with highs in the lower 70s, lows in the high 40s.
4. Newsletter. Do you subscribe to the Decatur/Avondale Estates electronic newsletter? Each morning we'll send you an email with the top local stories straight to your inbox. Not signed up? Scroll to the bottom of any page on Patch; click "newsletters" beneath the "goodies" title. Then, enter your email address to receive the Patch newsletter.
5. On this date. In 1992, Deion Sanders played for the Atlanta Falcons in the afternoon, then caught a plane to Pittsburgh and played for the Atlanta Braves that night. (Source: This Date in Georgia History)