1. Family Friendly improv competition. Decatur High School grad Rachel Wansker defends her BattleActs title against all comers at 8 p.m. Friday at the Academy Theatre. $12 online, $15 at the door.
2. Decatur Ghost Tour. Learn about the dearly departed of Decatur and the spirits who refuse to rest peacefully on this one-mile walk through town. Starts at 7:30 p.m. on the Decatur Court Square. Reservations required. Adults $15, $12 for ages 10 and under.
3. Weather. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, sunny with highs in the low 70s and lows in the high 40s.
4. Public meetings. Decatur Environmental Sustainability Board at 8 a.m. in city hall.
5. On this date. In 1944, the Navy announced that black women would be allowed into the WAVES (Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service). (Source: The New York Times)