1. Fall Festival and Harvest Celebration. The Decatur YMCA invites the community to this family-themed party. You will enjoy games and activities including pumpkin bowling, a bounce house, a basketball shoot-out, cookie decorating, face painting, a candy drop, a cupcake walk and a costume contest. The Morgan Rowe Band performs at 6:45 p.m. It starts at 5:30 p.m. and is free.
2. Remember the Dixie Highway? The Georgia DOT and Federal Highway Administration are kicking off a study of the history and culture of the Dixie Highway at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Waffle House Museum in Avondale Estates. The Dixie Highway was a road system that ran from Michigan to Florida and was heavily traveled before interstates took over. Free.
3. Yard sale donations. You can donate stuff to the Decatur High Band yard sale from 4-7 p.m. at Intown Ace Hardware. The yard sale will be held Saturday, Oct. 13, at the store.
4. Good weekend weather. Friday, 20 percent chance of rain with high around 80, low around 60. Saturday, high in the upper 70s, low in the high 50s. Sunday, partly sunny with a 20-40 percent chance of rain with highs in the upper 70s and lows around 60.
5. On this date. In 1958, a dynamite bombing destroyed the interior of the Atlanta Jewish Temple on Peachtree Street. (Source: This Day in Georgia History)