1. Decatur on the silver screen. Trouble With the Curve, starring Clint Eastwood, opens this weeked at the AMC North DeKalb Mall 16 and other theaters. Quite a few scenes were shot at Randy and Jamie Sweat's Decatur bungalow, according to the Decatur Dispatch. Other new movies: Heroine and House at the End of the Street.
2. Song and dance man. Decatur resident Jesse Tyler is multi-talented. The dancer with the Atlanta Ballet is also a singer-songwriter who will perform his music at 10 a.m. Friday at Eddie's Attic. Tickets are $14 at the door or can be purchased online.
3. Enjoy the weather. Mostly sunny all weekend. Friday and Saturday, highs will be in the mid-80s, lows in the low 60s. Sunday will be cooler with highs in the high 70s, lows in the low 50s. Twenty percent chance of rain Sunday.
4. Public meetings. Decatur Environmental Sustainability Board at 8 a.m. in City Hall.
5. On this date. In 2011, R.E.M. broke up, announcing on its website that "we have decided to call it a day as a band."