Here are five things to know about the week ahead. For a full list of things to do, go to the Patch calendar of events.
1. How to attract bees and butterflies. Pandra Williams from the Wylde Center will help you understand how to support native butterflies and bees in your garden. 10 a.m. Monday at the Decatur Library. Free.
2. Decatur Idol. Hear Decatur High's most talented students perform. 7 p.m. Thursday at the Decatur High Performing Arts Center at 310 N. McDonough St. $5.
3. Art-B-Que. Come celebrate the arts in Avondale Estates. There will also be food and music throughout Saturday and Sunday in the Rail Arts District. Starts around 10 a.m. both days and lasts into the night.
4. Decatur Green Fest. Celebrate and learn about everything 'green' from 3 to 10 p.m. Saturday on the Decatur Court Square. The local beneficiary is Poverty is Real. Ed Roland and the Sweet Tea Project perform at 7 p.m. Free admission.
5. Public meetings. Avondale Estates Architectural Review Board meeting at 7 p.m. Monday immediately followed by the Historic Preservation Commission meeting. Decatur City Commission meeting at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Decatur Active Living Board meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Decatur Downtown Development Authority Board meeting at 8 a.m. Friday.