Good morning, Decatur and Avondale Estates. Here are 5 Things to know about today.
1. What's that sound? The City of Decatur tests its tornado sirens at 5 p.m. on the first Wednesday of each month, so don't panic when you hear the wailing for three to five minutes. If the weather is really bad on Wednesday, the test will be postponed to Thursday.
2. Weather. It could rain. There's a 50 percent chance in the morning, 20 percent later in the day. High in the mid-80s, low in the low 70s.
3. First Blue Sky Concert. At noon today, come to the Decatur Square to hear "soulful soft rock" fromt the band Hero in the fall's first Blue Sky Concert.Check the lineup for other free concerts this month.
4. Public meetings. The Decatur Zoning Task Force meets at 7 p.m. in city hall. In Avondale Estates, the Architectural Review Board and the Historic Preservation Commission both meet at 7 p.m. in city hall.
5. On this date. In 1939, the United States proclaimed its neutrality in World War II.