1. You think this is hot? The next four or five days will be scorchers. Today will be merely real hot, with a high temperature around 89 degrees and a low in the high 60s. The chance of rain is near zero percent. Sunrise is at 6:29 a.m. and sunset at 8:52 p.m.
2. Today is National HIV Testing Day, which promotes testing to prevent the spread of this disease. Free testing is available at 455 Winn Way in Decatur. To find other locations, go to the website for National HIV and STD Testing Resources.
3. Free movie for the kids. Rio will be shown at 1:30 p.m. in the auditorium at the Decatur Library.
4. Renfroe Middle School meeting. Leaders from the City Schools of Decatur will meet parents at the school to discuss building renovations. It starts at 6 p.m.
5. Rebecca. Daphne Du Maurier's Rebecca was one of the most popular novels of the 1930s. An Amazon review calls it "a novel of mystery and passion, a dark psychological tale of secrets and betrayal, dead loves and an estate called Manderley that is as much a presence as the humans who inhabit it." If you want to talk about the novel, go to the downstairs meeting room of the Decatur Library at 7 p.m.