Good morning, Decatur and Avondale Estates. Here are 5 Things to know about today.
1. Weather. It could be a rainy day. There's a 70 percent chance of rain in the day and a 20 percent chance later. High temps will be around 87 with a low in the low 70s.
2. Lowest gas prices. Late Monday, it was $3.37 per gallon at QuikTrip at 4113 Covington Highway and Racetrac at 4847 Covington Highway. Prices can chance quickly so look at the Patch gas widget for the best deal in the Decatur and Avondale Estates area.
3. It's Election Day. Polls will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the Georgia Primary. The big issue is the regional transportation referendum -- also known as TSPLOST -- but remember that the parties are picking candidates for the general election in November.
4. Public Meetings. Avondale Estates Board of Appeals meets at 6:30 p.m. inthe upstairs room in Avondale Estates City Hall.
5. On this date. In 1964, the American space probe Ranger 7 transmitted the first close-up pictures of the moon's surface.