Good morning, Decatur and Avondale Estates. Here are 5 Things you need to know about today.
1. Weather: High temp in the mid-90s and a low around 73, with a 40 percent chance of rain the morning and 30 percent later today.
2. A little music. Every Tuesday night, local musicians get together to play traditional tunes at , the Irish pub at 426 W. Ponce de Leon Ave., Decatur. There's more info about "The Marlay House Band" at the Celtic Company website.
3. Meet the Atlanta Hawks. The sixth annual Kia Summer Hoops Tour visits Greenforest Community Baptist Church at 3250 Rainbow Drive from 1 to 2:30 p.m. It's free. For more info, visit www.Hawks.com/youthbasketball.
4. Early voting. You can vote before the July 31 primary from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the DeKalb County Voter Registrartion and Elections main office at 4380 Memorial Drive. Next Monday, July 23, a poll for early voters opens in Decatur.
5. Public meetings: Decatur Historic Preservation Commission at 6:30 p.m. in Decatur City Hall; Avondale Estates Board of Appeals at 6:30 p.m. in Avondale Estates City Hall. Parent orientation meeting at College Heights Early Childhood Learning Center at 5:45 p.m. at the center.