Good morning, Decatur and Avondale Estates. Here are 5 Things to know about today.
1. Weather. Partly sunny with a 20-30 percent chance of rain. High temps about 89 and lows in the low 70s.
2. Lowest gas prices. Late Tuesday, the lowest prices were $3.37 per gallon at QuikTrip at 4113 Covington Highway and Racetrac at 3858 Covington Highway. Prices can chance quickly so look at the Patch gas widget for the best deal in the Decatur and Avondale Estates area.
3. War of Words. Have you heard about Write Club Atlanta? Local writers deliver original text in three, seven-minute bouts with two opposing writers and two opposing ideas. The audience picks the winner. The action starts at 9 p.m. at the Push Push Theatre at 121 New St., Decatur. Ten bucks to get in.
4. Public Meetings. Western Gateway Kick-Off Meeting in Avondale Estates City Hall at 6:30 p.m.
5. On this date. In 1925, Georiga Gov. Clifford Walker signed an act prohibiting dancing on Sunday at any public place in the state of Georgia.