Good morning, Decatur and Avondale Estates. Here are 5 Things to know about today.
1. Pain at the pump. Yes, gas prices are still going up. It's hard to keep track of the increases. Go to www.georgiagasprices.com to find the cheapest gas in the area.
2. A cloudy day. Because of Isaac's turbulence, there's a 30-50 percent chance of showers and thundershowers in Decatur and Avondale Estates on Thursday. Highs will be around 86, lows around 70.
3. Redoing Beacon Hill. The City of Decatur is steaming ahead with plans to renovate . The deadline for submitting bids is 3 p.m. today.
4. . There's plenty of stuff happening tomorrow at the book festival, but foodies should note that award-winning cheesemaker and owner of Belle Chevre, Tasia Malakasis, will be at the bakery at 4 p.m. Friday to sign her first cookbook. There will be an assortment of fine cheeses. Free admission.
5. On this date. In 1979, President Jimmy Carter said a rabbit attacked him during a canoe trip near his hometown of Plains. The press dubbed this "the killer rabbit" incident.