Good morning, Decatur and Avondale Estates. Here are 5 Things to know about today.
1. Gas prices. They're going up, thanks to Hurricane Isaac. Late Monday, the cheapest gas near the 30030 zip code was $3.72 at the Phillips 66 at 381 Columbia Drive and Columbia Woods Drive, according to www.georgiagasprices.com.
2. Take an umbrella. Today's weather will be cloudy with rain possible. Highs in the low 80s, lows in the low 70s, chance of rain 60-70 percent.
3. Decatur Business Association. This group meets at 5:15 p.m. at Harbour Bar and Fish House at 129 Church St.
4. On this date. In 1963, Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech at the Lincoln Memorial during the March on Washington.
5. Sign up for the Patch electronic newsletter. Every morning, an email with the top local headlines will arrive in your in-box. Click here to sign up.