Good morning, Decatur and Avondale Estates. Here are 5 Things to know about today.
1. Weather. This could be a cloudy weekend. Friday, 30-60 percent chance of rain, high of 90, low of 70. Saturday, 30-40 percent chance, high 86 and low 69. Sunday, 20-30 percent chance, high 85 and low 66.
2. Friday Night Lights. Expect a lot of traffic at Decatur High tonight as the Bulldogs scrimmage Holy Innocents at 7:30 p.m. The first regular season game is two weeks away, at Grady High.
3. Listen to this. Writers Melissa Fay Greene, Johnny Drago, Brian Bannon and Thomas Lake will read their stuff tonight at True Story! at in Oakhurst. Starts at 8 p.m. Free admission.
4. Lowest gas prices. Late Thursday, the lowest price was $3.37 at RaceTrac at 3858 Covington Highway and QuikTrip 4113 Covington Highway. Prices can chance quickly so look at the Patch gas widget for the best deal in the Decatur and Avondale Estates area.
5. On this date. In 1915, a mob in Cobb County lynched Jewish businessman Leo Frank, who had been convicted in the murder of 13-year-old Mary Phagan. Frank had been kidnapped from Georgia State Prison in Milledgeville the day before.