Good morning, Decatur and Avondale Estates. Here are 5 Things to know about today.
1. Weather. Mostly sunny with highs around 90 and lows in the upper 60s.
2. They all bark for ice cream! Taj Ma-Hound at 707 East Lake Drive is holding a doggie ice cream social at 5:30 p.m. Bring your pup for free dog ice cream and a chance to socialize with neighborhood dogs. Free.
3. Lowest gas prices. Late Wednesday, the lowest price was $3.37 at RaceTrac at 3858 Covington Highway and QuikTrip 4113 Covington Highway. Prices can chance quickly so look at the Patch gas widget for the best deal in the Decatur and Avondale Estates area.
4. Public meetings. The Lake Avondale Advisory Board meets at 7 p.m. in city hall.
5. On this date. In 1949, Gone With the Wind author Margaret Mitchell died in Atlanta five days after being hit by a taxi while crossing the intersection of Peachtree and 13th Street.