The Medlock Area Neighborhood Association (MANA) has posted another update about plans for .
Developer Selig Enterprises plans to demolish part of the aging shopping center, rebuild, renovate and add a .
Highlights of MANA's update:
- Selig has commissioned "a local artist to create custom-painted graphic walls. Instead of having a long expanse of wall, we have an opportunity for public art at the shopping center."
- There will be two community kiosks, "permanent structures which will allow for the temporary sale of items such as girl scout cookies, works by local artists, food, etc."
- Selig plans to use sustainable building materials.
- A map of buildings to be demolished and drawings of what Suburban Plaza should look like.
- Timetable: "Demolition and construction are still estimated to begin in the first half of 2013. Selig anticipates that all construction will be complete by fall of 2014."