The 1245 Salon and Spa — located near the booming Atlantic Station shopping center — has completed an extensive makeover at its property at 1245 Fowler St. NW in Atlanta. The salon unveiled the new look this fall, following a three-month transformation totaling approximately $24,000.
“At 1245 Salon and Spa, our clients are top priority,” said Terrell Mack, a Decatur resident, a master cosmetologist and co-owner of 1245 Salon and Spa.
“This makeover is just one way to show our appreciation to our loyal customers, while creating a home-away-from-home experience for them and our growing clientele. We couldn’t be more excited.”
Makeover highlights included:
- Adding a curved wall to create a separate lobby area
- Applying blue and green paint colors to provide more of a spa feel
- Installing two partition walls to expand the dryer room and create privacy in the shampoo area
- Lightening up the floors from an earlier drab brown to a new light grey
- Replacing commercial lights in the ceiling with other types of lighting, including pistachio green pendant lights and recessed lighting
- Creating a photo gallery — what the designer calls a “wall of style” — of client head shots to showcase the work of the salon’s master stylists
- Completing the salon’s look with new furnishings, decorative accessories and wall art
It’s a far cry from the salon’s original industrial-type feel.
“The space was cold, looked like a warehouse and did not match the name, Salon and Spa,” said Terrell Dinkins, the interior designer on the project and owner of Posh Interiors LLC.
1245 Salon and Spa will hold a re-grand opening to unveil its new look Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013 at 6 p.m. The public is invited to come and check out the transformation and enjoy free food, drinks and giveaways.