Artists and art-lovers from across the nation will descend on Decatur this week for the Decatur Arts Festival.
Events kick off at 5 p.m. Tuesday, May 22, with an opening Fine Arts Exhibition and reception at Agnes Scott College.
Check the Decatur Arts Festival webpage for details, but here are some of the important things to know:
- Cost: The festival is free.
- Hours: The festival officially starts at 5 p.m. Friday with the ArtWalk. Festival hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- Parking: You can park a car in the DeKalb County parking deck on West Trinity or in a metered spot on the street. Festival goers are encouraged to take Marta or ride their bikes and take advantage of the Bike Valet Service.
- For the kids: The Kids Arts Festival is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the First Baptist Church.
- Musicians: There's live music on the Decatur Square bandstand Saturday and Sunday. Some of the performers include the Bitteroots, the Bonaventure Quartet and Geoff Achison and the Soul Diggers. Check the schedule for details.