1. A nightmarish performance. The Atlanta Radio Theatre Company will perform H.P. Lovecraft's The Shadow Over Innsmouth at 8 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the Academy Theatere. Other scary performances the next two weekends. Tickets are $20 at the door, $15 online.
2. Oakhurst Arts & Music Festival. This community festival kicks off at 8 a.m. Saturday with a 5K run/walk that starts at One Step At A Time. The festival itself starts at 10 a.m. at East Lake Drive and Oakview Road and will feature a local arts market, live music, a community area for nonprofits, a Kids Zone, food annd beverages and a 2 p.m. parade. Free admission.
3. Help an injured triathlete. Friends of Kirsten Mead Walker, a wife and mother who suffered a serious head injury during a triathlon, are holding a yard sale to help pay the family's medical bills. It starts Saturday at 236 Willow Lane, Decatur.
4. Run to fight hunger. The Women's Health Run 10 Feed 10: 10K Race will be start at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at Fleet Feet at 431 W. Ponce de Leon Ave., Decatur. $40.
5. Decatur High band yard sale. Who knows what you'll find at this community yard sale. It starts at 9 a.m. Saturday at Intown Ace Hardware, 1404 Scott Blvd., Decatur.
6. Thriller author at Eagle Eye. Ron Aiken will sign and talk about his novel, "Death Has Its Benefits," at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Eagle Eye Book Shop. Free admission.
7. Step Into Africa. This weeklong interactive exhibit about AIDS in Africa will end Sunday at Decatur First Baptist Church. Free.