1. Verbal slugfest. Creative loafing called the Write Club, a competition among writer-performers, Atlanta's best "reinvention of the reading series." Starts at 9 p.m. at the PushPush Theatre at 121 New. St., Decatur. $10 admission.
2. "Artist Information Course." Learn how to collaborate with other artists to create works of art and profitable partnerships. Free from 6-8 p.m. at Decatur Market and Gallery, but RSVP to 404-377-0755 or firstname.lastname@example.org because space is limited.
3. Weather. Sunny with a high around 78 and a low around 50.
4. We like pictures. Want to see some photos or videos taken by your neighbors? Go to Patch's Pics and Clips.
5. On this date. In 1966, the Beach Boys released "Good Vibrations." (Source: New York Times.)