Single Awareness Day, otherwise known as Valentine's Day, is less than a week away.
While Single Awareness Day is often a term used in jest, it doesn't have to be a joke or SAD. It can be a time to become aware of just how incredible it can be to be a single person, especially in a great city like Atlanta.
Check out some of these great Single Awareness Day events throughout the city:
- Feb. 9 at 2-4 p.m.: Come experience the Magic of Chocolate Making at the Oakhurst Community Garden of the Wylde Center. During this tasty class Chef Victoria Moon will take you on a journey through the fascinating history of chocolate, that begins with the Ancient Aztecs and Mayans who were the first to harvest the “cacão bean” (the pure form of chocolate) over 3,000 years ago. Couples are $50 for members and $55 non members and can pay difference at the class. 5 minimum. Advanced registration required.
- Feb. 9 at 10 p.m.: Fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant in Buckhead is hosting a Nuts and Bolts Valentine’s Day Party on Saturday, February 9, beginning at 10 p.m. Depending on gender, each person will receive a nut or a bolt with hopes to find his or her match by the end of the night. Guests can enjoy meeting people while sipping on a pint from the wide selection of beers the pub offers. A DJ will spin tunes during the party with giveaways and drink specials available all night.
- Feb. 10, 6-10 p.m.: Letting It Go Dating is holding its singles speed-dating mixer at its 3340 Peachtree Road location. Limited seats available; RSVP here.
- Feb. 14, 9 p.m. to midnight: The Buckhead Bottle Bistro is throwing its Valentine's Day on the Rocks event "for those who are single and/or bitter." There will be LOVE BITES food specials and LOVE SUCKS beer and $5 shot specials from 7-9 p.m. as well as $15 hookah and no cover all night long!
- Feb. 14, 7-10 p.m.: Come be a kid again at the "For the Love of LEGO" Adult Valentine's Day Party at the LEGOLAND Discovery Center at the Phipps Plaza. Cost: $30. For more information visit http://bit.ly/legoVday
- Feb. 14: Midtown's CosmoLava is always a happening place, but it's even moreso on Valentine's Day. That's because every woman who comes in the doors of the popular dance club gets a lock and every man gets a key. Maybe that's all it took to unlock the love you were looking for.
- Feb. 15 at 9 p.m.: The Havana Club in Buckhead is holding its fourth annual Cupid is Stupid Anti-Valentine's Party. This is how it works: single women wear pink or red tops while single men wear white shirts to help other singles identify them. It's free admission from 9 until midnight if you mention "meetup" at the door and free drinks from 9-10 p.m. with an additional comp glass of champagne for the ladies.
Of course if you don't want to go out and mingle at any of these events, you can always grab your girls or your boys and hit up the local wine and spirits store or maybe pamper yourselves at the local spa.
Whatever you do, remember to be aware of and enjoy the freedom that comes with being single especially on Single Awareness Day.