Buying art and having fun is hungry business and I’m here to help you navigate all your food options at the Decatur Arts Festival Saturday and Sunday.
Of course there are the festival food options you look forward to (and a few you might not expect!) and I’ve listed those below. But if you’re also wondering what our permanent food purveyors are up to this weekend, here’s the grand tour.
- : They will have food and cocktail features in the spirit of Arts Fest that will be revealed at the opening. Stop in to see what artistic libation has been concocted just for the festival.
- : Open Saturday for Lunch/Brunch: 11 am to 3 pm; dinner from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., and Sunday brunch 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pop in for homemade ice cream in delicious and unique flavors "to go" for $3.50 a cup
- : The restaurant will be open normal hours with standard menu, but are staffing up to serve you well. If you prefer an outdoor dining experience not in the thick of things out front, you can enjoy the patio out back.
- : The restaurant will be open extended hours 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. (not closing between lunch and dinner) and will offer their weekday lunch pricing during lunchtime both Saturday and Sunday.
- will be cracking open a cask of Harviestoun's Bitter & Twisted.
- Sammiches N' Stuff: Patrons get 10 percent off their order by showing a receipt from a festival purchase. In addition, two special combos will be offered: chicken salad ($6.99) or chicken pulled pork ($4.59) each with chips and drink included; special smoothies $1 off; extended hours until 9 p.m. on Saturday through the end of the Concert on the Square and until 6 p.m. on Sunday
- The restaurant will be offering three kinds of pizza by the slice: cheese, pepperoni, and mushroom/onion (vegetarian), and featuring risotto balls during festival hours; for festival goers who need a quick nip, stop in for their specialty shot: the Cherry 113.
- the only place open early (8 a.m. to 3 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday) to fuel artists, volunteers and early comers; plus live music 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday
Festival Food Vendors will be offering the following:
- Wood Fired Pizza
- Gyros, Greek Salad, Stuffed Grape Leaves
- Oriental Noodles, Chicken On A Stick
- Jalapeño Corn Dogs, Funnel Cakes, Specialty Kids Meals
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- Polish Sausages, Chicken Pitas, Steak Pitas
- Cheese Steaks, Cheeseburgers, Fluffy Fries, Fried Candy Bars
- Kettle Corn in Regular, Caramel, Rainbow, Cinnamon, and Cheddar Cheese flavors
- Frozen Lemonade, Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas, Ice Cream Treats
- Angelina’s Italian Ice
- King of Pops Fresh Fruit Gourmet Popsicles