Last year, I blogged about the various places, businesses, and services that I LOVE that make the Decatur/Avondale Estates community oh-so special. Since it's been a whole year -- and I realized that I still had SO MUCH more to say (and share), I decided that a "Oh, how I love -- part deux" was in order. Therefore, without further ado (drumroll please)...
OH, how I love:
- Iberian Pig -- I hate to even share my little secret, but the best seats in the house are the two chairs at the bar that are adjacent to the window (to your right upon entry through the main door). Here I've discovered it's quiet enough to enjoy nice conversation, and you have amazing access to samples of their scrumptious meat and cheese combos. Plus, you do not need a table reservation (except for stalking other patrons who may have already scooped up this prime locale). And, yes, the food is also delicious!
- The Museum School of Avondale Estates -- SO excited that TMS is expanding and adding another 6th grade class for the 2013-14 school year - ! This is an incredible opportunity for families in Dekalb County. Registration is ongoing through Friday, February 15. The lottery is scheduled for Feb. 19, so if you are eligible, get those applications in NOW!!!
- Decatur and AE's mom-preneurs -- Junebug for Kids' Pretty Please spring collection is precious and a must-have for any little fashionista! Tickleworm's cashmere glittens -- I can't live without mine. Skipping Daisies' incredibly beautiful enamel necklaces for ladies and girls make wonderful gifts for Valentine's Day (or any special occasion). And there are more who are still in the launch states of their ventures and will definitely be showcased in my 2014 issue of this particular blog post; you know who you are!) :)
- Avondale Children's Choir -- If you have a little one who enjoys music and singing, then you've got to loop them in with the Avondale Children's Choir. Under Mr. Mark Green's leadership, he has compiled an amazing group of children, who are serious about learning how to hone their young voices to create beautiful harmonies. First graders and up are welcome; I'd highly recommend!
- Dancing Goats Coffee Bar Decatur -- Offering coffee, scones, ambiance, and more, this Decatur hot spot is so happening. Plus, it is ideally located adjacent to Decatur Hot Yoga (perfect for post-yoga a.m. wakeup).
- The Little Wine Shop -- AE's adorable wine shop features an incredible selection of wines in a precious setting in addition to wine tastings, wedding consultations, and loft rental for special events.
- Little Shop of Stories -- This is my go-to spot for children's birthday gifts (free wrapping - yippee!). Plus, their children's book selection is incredible -- and they have fantastic special events and summer camps! It's key to get on their email list to stay "in the know."
- The Glenn School Consignment Sale -- Love it! Love it!! Love it!!! I sell solely so I can shop the incredible preview sale. And yes, I do arrive two hours early (my escape from motherhood) to sit and catchup with my girlfriends, while sipping on yummy coffee, and perusing the latest issue of People magazine.
- Pine Street Market -- Bacon, bacon, bacon -- woo hoo! It's thick-cut and can't be beat. And yes, we do own one of their signature "I <3 Bacon" shirts.
- Pure Gas -- What did I do before these fellas opened up?!? I'm greeted with a smile at this full-service station, who won me over with their amazing treat-you-like-an-important-person service! They have saved me on many an occasion (thank you, Craig, for my recent Saturday flat, nail-in-tire patch saga).
- Scratch Cakes -- Kristi Sasser's artistic creations amaze me time and again. Folks are getting to know her for her amazing custom birthday cakes, but what they don't know is that her wedding, anniversary, and special occasion cakes will knock your socks off. Who knew someone could do so much with flour, butter, milk, and fondant?!
- Finders Keepers -- This is a great little consignment shop for men and women in the heart of AE. And get this, Usher even popped in the other day (NO JOKE). Word is getting out...just sayin'.
I could go on and on, but I'm at my word limit. ;) What's on your "Oh, how you love" list? <3