Expect Traffic Delays During Decatur Storm Drainage Repairs
The work begins in front of Decatur High School.
Decatur motorists can expect delays in different sections of town for about nine months while the city repairs storm drains.
The work started Saturday in front of Decatur High School. Here's the work schedule:
- North McDonough Street Crossing: 5 weeks
- East Maple Street: 13 weeks.
- Church Street to north side of East Trinity Place: 4 weeks.
- Church Street from East Maple Street to Northern Work Limit: 8 weeks.
- Church Street from East Maple Street to East Howard Avenue: 8 weeks.
The improvements include replacement of downtown Decatur’s main storm sewer system starting on North McDonough in front of the Decatur High School gym, running under East Maple Street and through the properties at 215 Church St. and 231 East Trinity Place. This part of the system will end in front of Decatur Fire Station No. 1.
An additional storm line will start in the 300 block of Church Street and run south to East Howard Avenue. The southern part of this line will replace an old storm drainage system that runs under several properties on the east side of Church Street.
Reeves Contracting made the low bid and won the contract.