The girls game starts at 5:30 p.m. Friday in the Decatur High gym and the boys game is expected to start around 7 p.m.
The athletes to be honored are:
- Alf Anderson (three-sport star, 1932 graduate).
- Frank Broyles (three-sport star, 1942).
- Jimmy Southard (three-sports, 1946).
- Auburn Lambeth (three sports, 1947).
- Cornell Walker (football and basketball, 1969, and one of Decatur’s first African-American athletes).
The latter three men are expected to attend.
Broyles, now 88, lives in Fayetteville, Ark., but said this week he has a conflict and can’t make it.
Among his many achievements, Broyles coached the University of Arkansas football team for 19 years and won 144 games, including a national championship in 1964. He was the school's athletic director for many years.
Anderson, who played for the Pittsburgh Pirates in the early 1940s, is deceased.
To see more photos, go to the Decatur Sports History Project Facebook page.