No. 246 Introduces New Dessert Program
The Italian-inspired restaurant, No. 246, is unveiling a completely new dessert menu. Creative director of the pastry program, Taria Camerino, is taking a unique approach to the traditional dessert course by offering a selection of smaller pastries that are meant to be shared and paired with cocktails. Recommended pairings include:
- Flourless chocolate cake with Citron ($4) paired with the Harvey Darko made with Ramazzotti Amaro, maple and Red Hare Watership Brown Ale ($7)
- Anise donuts ($4) and maple butter cake with caramel ($3) can both be paired with the Avanti made with Uvix Vodka, Hendrick’s Gin, Aperol and Cocchi Americano ($6)
- Pistachio cannoncini ($4) paired with the Biscotti Spumanti made with housemade vanilla vodka, Faretti Biscotti Famosi liqueur, lemon juice and prosecco ($7)
- Biscotto – daily cookies ($4) paired with the 8 ½ made with housemade espresso liquor, spiced turbinado syrup and whipped cream ($6)
In addition to the new dessert menu, No. 246 will debut its new pastry windows this weekend, displaying jars of candy, rows of cookies and stands filled with assorted “dry” pastries at the front of the restaurant. Baked goods include:
- Cranberry clafoutis
- Sugared brioche
- Apple tart
- Pistachio cannoncini
- Raisin brioche
- Chocolate black pepper sable
- Potato, onion and blue cheese turnover
Guests passing by can easily stop in and select a pastry to enjoy with a coffee or cocktail or purchase one of the prepackaged bags or boxes to go. For now, the pastry windows are only making weekend appearances, adding an extra sweet note to Saturdays and Sundays in Decatur.
No. 246 is located at 129 E. Ponce de Leon Avenue in Decatur. The restaurant serves lunch daily from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dinner is served Monday to Thursday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. and on Sunday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. For more information, visit www.no246.com or call 678-399-8246.